Our organization plans, supports and coordinates through a systematic process, education activities for patients, families, and caregivers that is intra-disciplinary and tailored to their identified needs, physical and cognitive abilities.
Our patients and caregivers are given sufficient information to make decisions and to take responsibility for self management activities related to their needs. This education includes information on how to improve individual outcomes by promoting healthy behavior and appropriately involving patients in their care, treatment and service decisions.
UPMC Home Healthcare provides many opportunities for members of our local community to become active partners in their health care. By participating in the "Giving Back to the Community Program", we bring people together to learn about disease prevention and how to manage their health care concerns. We provide resources in a manner that helps people to help themselves and improve their quality of life.
Please contact us at 1-888-860-2273 if you are interested in one of the following programs:
- Infection Control
- Stress Management
- Heart Failure
- Wound Care
- Transfer and Back Safety
- Incontinence and Bladder Training
- "Home Health Care": One of your resident's medical benefits
- Geriatric Sensitivity Training: Educating staff members on normal and abnormal sensory changes in the elderly
- Senior Referral Services: Aging Institute of UPMC Senior Services and the University of Pittsburgh
- Relationship Centered Care
- Common Geriatric Syndromes
- Medication Safety for Older Adults
- Advance Care Planning
- Advance Directives
- Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST)
- Pain and Comfort
- End of Life Care
- Aging Successfully: Maintaining your Mind, Body and Spirit for a Lifetime
- Communication Techniques: Older Adults with Dementia